Friday, July 22, 2011

Trillium Lake and Mount Hood 07.22.11

There is nothing I like better than spontaneously discovering a new place to be surrounded by the beauty of nature. While driving towards the Mount Hood area, I pulled out my phone and simply googled a place with a view of Mount Hood. After some searching we found that we were near Trillium Lake. 2 miles off of U.S. 26, the lake has a campground and boat ramp. This picture was taken from the pier near the boat ramp. My goal was to capture the colors the sunset was creating on the mountain and in the reflection of the water. 



"Forests, lakes, and rivers, clouds and winds, stars and flowers, stupendous glaciers and crystal snowflakes - every form of animate or inanimate existence, leaves its impress upon the soul of man." - Orison Swett Marden



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful capture! We've got a photograph of this hanging over our bed. I would love to go there sometime and capture it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Melissa! It is one of those spots I would not have found just by the sign on the side of the road, but after seeing some pictures on the web I knew I had to go. It is an amazing setting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a spectacular shot! Gorgeous colours! Love that you included the railing in the photo as it really anchors the shot. Love this quote too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.