Monday, September 26, 2011

Good to Wow SOOC: Fall Begins 09.25.11

This year Western Washington has been a bit behind. Summer weather came late and fall seems to be following suite. The leaves are just beginning to change and yesterday was the first day it really felt like fall with wind and rain, which continued today. The prompt for Good to Wow was Fall, which was a challenge with the late coming season. I finally found a few trees that were changing color, what I think of when I think of fall, and was excited because there was a break in the clouds. I captured a few shots and then the sun disappeared behind the clouds cutting short my shooting. I was glad to get the shots I could and am looking forward to bursts of color that are sure to develop as the season progresses.

My goal with this photo was to capture the colors of the leaves and some of the interesting light and clouds. I am a bit disappointed with the sky and light, but I love the color of the leaves. I am excited to edit this shot for Thursday as I got Lightroom back today. Oh how I have missed it! The simplicity and comfortable feel I have when using it is what I missed the most. Compared to Photoshop, Lightroom feels like an old friend :o). Don't get me wrong, I love the actions and creative possibilities in Photoshop, but it is still a bit overwhelming. I will keep learning though and hope to one day be skilled and comfortable with both Photoshop and Lightroom.

Please think about coming back tomorrow for the second edition of my new link up called Tones on Tuesday. It starts at 8am PST. All you need is a photo with altered tones - black and white, sepia, etc. Hope to see you then!

Settings: ISO 200, 55mm, ss1/640, f/6.3 (full manual)
"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns." - George Eliot


Linking up with Good to Wow! Head over and check out the other SOOC shots.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I see the blue sky up there in the left top corner...hmmm maybe a visit to lightroom is just what it needs to feel right to you. I will be back to see....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! We are losing leaves here but the ones on the trees are still green.
    I recently got LR3 and think I am really going to like it.
    Have you tried a gradient map on the sky?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.