Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Tones on Tuesday #15 12.27.11

*I apologize for the delay in getting this linky open this morning. I am visiting my dad and the internet connection is a little slower than I remembered.*

I hope you had an enjoyable holiday! I apologize for not visiting your blogs as the holiday consumed my time. I did have a chance to look at your amazing photos and pick a few to showcase! Enjoy and see you in the new year!

Ana at Wonderland
The softness and sparkle of the light hitting the sand is lovely. The monochromatic look adds to the beautiful overall feel of this ethereal photo. Thank you for sharing Ana!

I am a big fan of Kristy's work. I love how her style is so identifiable and soft and lovely. This photo captures a unique view of the holiday season. Thank you for sharing with us Kristy!

Can a photo look quiet? To me, this one does. The snow, the dog waiting patiently and the texture applied all give it a quiet, peaceful feel. Thank you for sharing Lili!

Be sure to grab your this button if you were showcased! (button for linking up can be found after the guidelines)


Now it's your turn to share your photo with altered tones. Here is the guidelines for Tones on Tuesday:

  • The basic idea is to share one photo where you have altered the tones. Such as a black and white, sepia toned, selective coloring or colored photo. Feel free to share the original and edit, or just the edit.
  • Please share a photo that you have taken and edited yourself.
  • If you have more than one photo in your post please indicate which one if for Tones on Tuesday.
  • Please link up with your permalink and not your blog address.
  • Attach the Tones on Tuesday button to your post
  • Leave comments for the other participants, share the love :o)!
  • Have fun!
Disclaimer - By participating you give Scattered Horizons permission to share your photo on this blog. Photographers will be given credit for their work.

This is what this time of year is all about! I hope you have had the opportunity to be with your family and enjoy this time of year. 

Settings: ISO 800, 23mm, ss1/50, f/4.0 (full manual, tungsten wb, tripod)
"Family faces are magic mirrors.  Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present, and future." - Gail Lumet Buckley

Joining the link ups below. Be sure to check out the beautiful shots and join the Tones on Tuesday link up found further down!
  Sweet Shot Day


5 comments:

  1. Just beautiful!!

    Hope you have a blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the snowy landscape of Lili. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photo is so creative. Well done Emily! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Emily and Leovi. Too kind. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic choices Emily!
    I wish you a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.