Friday, March 23, 2012

Favorite Photo of the Week: A Shell on the Shore 3.18.12

At first I was going to choose one of sunset photos I took this past weekend. You can see them here or here. However, when getting ready to post there was just something about the photo I took on the rocky beach at Kitsap Memorial Park. The colors and the texture just seemed to pull me in. Originally I did a clean edit in Lightroom. For this one I also cropped it a bit. The quote I have chosen to go with this photo perfectly captures my feelings toward photography. I continue to run into obstacles, yet my passion and desire to become a better photographer supersedes them. This photo took a few tries and edits to get the texture and light I wanted, but I had to persist. When you have the hunger you have no choice :o). 

I would love to know your thoughts! Thanks for stopping by! 

On a side note, are you planning on seeing The Hunger Games this weekend? I read the books a long time ago and I am pretty excited for the movie. I think the quote applies to that story as well!

Settings: ISO 200, 50mm, ss1/4000, f/2.0 (cloudy wb)
Intent: The texture of the shell and the color of the rocks
"Wanting something is not enough. You must hunger for it. Your motivation must be absolutely compelling in order to overcome the obstacles that will invariably come your way." - Les Brown


Happily Mother After the long road      project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com Weekly Top Shot

12 comments:

  1. Nice contrast in textures. No, I am no seeing the Hunger Games. I read the book and for me, that was enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice textural photo. I like it. Haven't read the books, so "maybe" on the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the texture and the muted colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo and quote! I cannot wait to watch the Hunger Games either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this photo is beautiful. i really love the earthy tones and the texture on the shell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty. The lone oyster, no doubt a pearl waiting to be found. Love the contrast to the rocks

    ReplyDelete
  7. The textures are great and the deep color is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely texture and color! Thank you for sharing at "Life as this Mommy knows It"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the quote and your photo has interesting texture! I read the Hunger Games book & am looking forward to seeing the movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still love that shot, the ruffled edge of the shell and the contrasting beach stones! Sorry I'm so late commenting, I had server issues and lost a weeks worth of posts, ugh. But was able to re-create my posts last night and recovered all the entries to WTS #23. Thank you, Emily, for sharing on Weekly Top Shot...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.