Sunday, March 4, 2012

Project 64: Red Orange and Violet Red

Catching up on Project 64 with last week and this week's colors. I had to go into the archives as I have been working to get back on track with everything I am participating in, but it was a fun walk down memory lane. First last week's color was red orange:


This photo was taken on the Long Beach Peninsula during an amazing sunset! My goal was of course to capture the beautiful colors, but also to capture the sun going down with some definition, which I have not been able to do before. I think I accomplished that here. Other than a slight straightening this photo is SOOC.

Settings: ISO 200, 163mm, ss1/250, f/10 
(full manual, sunlight wb, SOOC with cropping)

And now, this week's color is Violet Red:


This photo was taken at Balloons Over Bend in Bend, Oregon. This was taken before I started my journey into photographing on manual. My goal was to capture all 3 balloons lit up and the beautiful colors. In Lightroom, I did minor work with the tone curve, upped the blacks and the saturation and vibrancy. 

Settings: ISO 1600, 18mm, ss1/15, f/3.5 (full auto)

"It was tremendously satisfying to watch this color parade." - Erno Rubik


project64 button Sunday Snapshot 



2 comments:

  1. What lovely vibrant colours you've captured in both of these shots, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, lovely shot...for both colors. Sunsets are one of my favorite scenes to capture and who doesn't love hot air balloons? (Besides my dog). I really like how you captured the branches of the tree against the second balloon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.